STI POSITION DESCRIPTION
DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS
Position Title: Director of Operations
Reports To: Chief Executive Officer
The Director of Operations will lead a dedicated group of manufacturing professionals interested in continuous improvement while aggressively growing the business. This position will teach and coach how to improve manufacturing operations using modern production processes and systems while helping the company mature its overall management systems. The priority will be to adhere to the quality standards as the business grows. The team includes quality, purchasing, supply chain, fabrication, engineering, facilities and assembly (gunsmithing) operations.
Job Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
• Provide leadership and guidance to improve plant efficiency, effectiveness, and quality while lowering costs where possible.
• Analyze the manufacturing operations and develop key metrics to track the efficiency of the processes.
• By using key operational metrics, adjust quickly and efficiently to ensure the desired company results are achieved.
• Implement modern manufacturing processes and systems (LEAN-Continuous Improvement).
• Foster an open communication team based environment both in the operations group and the company overall.
• Building meaningful and productive relationships with both vendors and customers.
• Develop both manufacturing and design engineering capabilities to ensure a regular flow of new and core products.
• Guarantee that all plant and equipment is well maintained.
• As part of the senior staff, provide input to the strategic plan and work closely with your peers to ensure the company results are achieved.
• BS Engineering or Operations. MBA is preferred. A combination of experience and education may be considered.
• 15+ years of total experience, 5 years as Manager, Director, or VP managing machining and assembly operations.
• LEAN manufacturing in a job shop environment. Lead an operation with at least 50 employees and 7 direct reports. Demonstrated results of reducing costs and improving throughput.
• Metals manufacturing experience required, firearms or related products preferred.
• Experience building teams and management systems-Strong mentoring/teaching culture.
• Comfortable working in a privately held company environment.
• Excellent computer, spreadsheet, word processing, and database skills.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Good communicator and teacher.
• Supervises Managers/Supervisors in Quality, Fabrication, Assembly/Gunsmithing, Plant and Facilities, Purchasing, Supply Chain, and Engineering.
5-10% of time.
Please email your resume to Jobs@STIGUNS.com